CoolSpot DX TM
CoolSpot DX TM units are mounted to the rack top cover. This solution is designed for low, medium, and high thermal loads, thanks to its cooling output which can reach as much as 6 kW.
CONTEG's CoolSpot (Top Mount) DX series has an exceptional cooling capacity and does not up the floor space needed for the rack. The CoolSpot DX TM cooling solution is available in capacities ranging from 1 kW to 6 kW (approx 20.500 BTU/hr). These cooling units are compatible with the following free-standing racks series PREMIUM Cabling RDF and PREMIUM Server RSF.
The Top Mount solution is a stand-alone direct expansion (DX) solution, which means that no additional plumbing or piping is required. Condensate is eliminated thanks to the Condensate Dissipater (1.4 kW version and above) and Stulz's "triple condensate protection system".
The Top Mount solutions all feature standard electronic control boards. The electronic control boards make sure the Top Mount units are running at optimal efficiency and not overcooling the cabinet.
When installing these units in closed areas make sure that the room has sufficient clearance and adequate ventilation so that environmental operating conditions (up to 55 °C) are not exceeded.
- The complete refrigerant circuit is inside
- Equipped by condensate dissipater
- Triple condensate protection
- No filters required
- Plug and play equipment, the only power supply is needed
CoolSpot DX units include a complete refrigerant circuit with compressor, evaporator, condenser, and all necessary components and control systems. This air-condition is designed to deliver a cooling capacity of up to 6 kW for standalone cabinets. CoolSpot DX units are designed as Plug & Play easy use cooling system that requires only a power supply and condensate drainage.
The cooling capacity of the air-conditioning unit is controlled by an EMB controller with a simple display to keep the set temperature in the CONTEG cabinet.
CONTEG CoolSpot DX unit is a stand-alone direct expansion solution with a reciprocating compressor inside which means that no additional plumbing or piping is required. Condensate outlet amount is reduced thanks to a Condensate Dissipater (1.4 kW version and above) and security is guaranteed by a triple condensate protection system. This means that the condensate normally associated with air-conditioning systems is reduced or eliminated, giving total flexibility for deployment. Special condenser coil design enables perfect operation without any air filter what reduces the maintenance costs.
The CoolSpot DX units feature electronic control boards as standard which give superior control of the air conditioner over standard electromechanical types. The Electronic Control Board ensures that the Conteg air-conditioning units are running at optimal efficiency and not overcooling the cabinet. When installing these units into closed areas always make sure that the room has sufficient clearance and adequate ventilation so that environmental operating conditions (up to 55 °C) are not exceeded.
CoolSpot cooling units are easily integrated with monitoring system RAMOS to provide remote notification about the temperature inside the rack.
- Unit's cooling output: 1-6 kW
- Compact design - coolant piping distribution systems are not necessary
- Condensate evaporation system (standard on units with 1.4 kW and higher) eliminates the need for condensate drainage
- The triple protection system ensures condensate cannot enter the rack
- The heat exchanger surface has been treated specially to provide the highest possible resistance against clogging, therefore the unit can operate with full output even when the ambient temperature reaches 55 °C
- The cooling system was designed to operate without filters reducing ongoing maintenance requirements
- The cooling units have easy-to-use electronic control boards that accurately set the temperature in the rack
- Alarms will go off if the temperature in the cabinet gets too high. The CoolSpot TM solution can be tied into existing monitoring systems or Conteg's Rack & Environment Monitoring System to alert remotely if the temperature exceeds user-defined thresholds.
File size: 379 kB
File size: 63 kB
File size: 40 kB
File size: 92 kB
IT Air Conditioning Units
File size: 2953 kB